Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Shampoo Snob

My husband often says I'm a food snob - and while I detest the label I must say it is fairly accurate. I can't stomach fast food (even in a pinch) and I insist on fresh healthy fixings at home.

Tonight, I admit to another venue of snobbery in my life - hair care products. For as long as I can remember I have used salon products for everything to do with the care of my hair with the exception of some cheap hair spray here and there. Today, after a trip to see my stylist Michelle at Bliss, I arrived home with new bottles of shampoo and conditioner. While restocking my cupboard under the sink I came upon a bottle of grocery store variety shampoo. I vaguely recall purchasing it about 2 years ago in a pinch and thinking I might get by with it until I got to the salon. No go. From a quick shake of the bottle I would assess that I used it all of once. Tonight I tossed it in the trash knowing that it would sit under the sink for years to come. I have no scientific reason behind my choice to use higher priced products. It is just one of my things. After yesterday's dilemma about the age to begin wearing proper footwear, perhaps I should ask tonight when I'll gain my wits about me and begin buying cheaper hair products. My guess is it will be when I go to short hair with a perm that needs a blue rinse to be shiny.

1 comment:

  1. I'm guessing not even then! As I learned when staying with my grandmother recently, ladies who have their hair set once a week by their hairdresser don't need to keep shampoo at home. So, it looks like you'll be using salon brands for life!
    Katie

    ReplyDelete