Monday, November 1, 2010

Double Booked

Part of the enjoyment of having my kids play sports is the relationships that hatch with other families as we spend hours on the sidelines. Over time, my social life and circle of friends has become a product of my kids' participation in extra-curricular activities. In taking on coaching the 4th and 5th grade girls this season I threw caution to the wind a bit in terms of the logistics of caring for a 2 year old while teaching 9 and 10 year olds how to bounce a ball. Luckily, 2 dear friends have offered to entertain Kendra and Kiera while I pick up their daughters and head for practice. If you ask me, I am getting the sweet end of the deal.

As I headed out the door packed for practice, potty accidents, and dinner for the two I was dropping off, I also grabbed a book from our children's library. While locating some Halloween themed books the other day, I came across a duplicate copy of an Arthur book and set it aside for a future downsize. I figured this would make a perfect thank you gift for the younger girls in the Dunn household. And so as I dropped off the girls and their dinner, I presented the book to Rebecca and Ainsley's as they giggled with delight. Sue and Tim thanked me up and down for coaching this season and offered to keep my little ones every Monday if needed. Talk about a lovely give and take arrangement! As I told them, I am starting to believe in the "it takes a village" theory. And with generous, good people in my village I am feeling like one lucky gal.

No comments:

Post a Comment