Sunday, September 19, 2010

Belt and Braces



When Shayla began her orthodontic treatment just over a year ago we went belt and braces when it came to the care of her precious metal brackets and the young teeth that lay under them. I spared no expense and bought every oral hygiene gadget on the market to assist her in keeping her choppers clean. This included an expensive purchase of Platypus flossers. These little gizmos are supposed to make flossing a breeze for folks with braces. Shay has used them some but not on a consistent basis.

As we head into our week, Shayla is counting down the days until Thursday. This will be the day of braces removal. As you may recall, I blogged about finishing payment for phase I of these perfect smile makers. Translation : there will be a phase 2 in our future. So in celebration of the upcoming big day I decided to pass on our unused Playpuses to Shayla's partner in brackets Meaza. For those of you who have seen me in the last 4 weeks, you know that I just got my own set of braces. Originally I thought I'd be able to use up the overpriced flossers but alas, my teeth are so tight that they break the floss in half. I've had to resort to the labor intensive Bridgeaid dental floss threaders. Who knew that there was an entire industry preying on those of us who are already broke from orthodontics?

At any rate, Meaza was happy to accept our gift today. And will be even happier when she reaches her own countdown to removal day. In the meantime, I'll be her partner in brackets.

No comments:

Post a Comment