Saturday, September 25, 2010

See Spike Run, See Spike do Yoga, See Spike Swim


Spike has more blog entries (see the archives) dedicated to him than any other character mentioned in my downsizing story. And he is not even born yet. This kid is destined for great things.
To equip him for a third sport (perhaps a triathlete in the making?), tonight while at Spike's Mom's baby shower I handed down a floating device that he can use from the ages of 6-24 months. I also handed off a crib matress pad for use during Spike's post workout naps. Kendra had a ball spending lazy summer days drifting about in the pool and lake. Since she declared the other night that she can swim (see the entry "I Fwim") I decided that the baby float was destined for downsizing. Always a good sport, Spike's mom Christy accepted the hand-me-down items. I suspect that she'll put the float to good use as she is an avid swimmer and will certainly want to pass her love for the water sport on to her first born.

As Christy packed all of her baby shower loot into her car, I noticed that glazed look that we all get when we realize just how much STUFF babies "require". Fearing that she might reject the float based on size alone, I quickly deflated it and bragged about it's ability to collapse into it's storage case. Since I couldn't actually get it to fold up I declared, "I bet Rob (her husband) can figure it out!" After all, isn't figuring out gear a required skill for dads?

1 comment:

  1. Tell her to keep it! We loved using that this summer with Chase!

    ReplyDelete