Thursday, September 30, 2010

"I Could Hide Out Under There..."


"....I just made you say underwear" Bare Naked Ladies

After exposing Dajuan's stashing habits yesterday I figured I would dig around to reveal an equally ridiculous behavior of my own. While Dajuan hides things on tall shelves, I aim lower. Lurking under my bed was a plastic tub full of undergarments. Here's what I was able to weed out and either trash, recycle, or bag for Goodwill:
1.) Empty Leggs Hosiery box
2.) 1 of 3 identical ivory slips
3.) My first strapless bra circa 1992ish
4.) Full torso strapless bra worn under my wedding dress
5.) 2 pairs of suntan hose (note: big fashion faux pas)
6.) 2 pair of hose with picks
7.) Bra 2 sizes too big (things change after 3 babies)

After culling the stowed undergarments I was left with a pile to keep. I spied the organizational basket on a shelf above my dresser that was overflowing. Feeling in a groove, I dug through that pile of goods and eliminated enough things to make room for my "keep pile". Here is the list:
1.) Empty box from my heart rate monitor (apparently the empty box thing is epidemic around here)
2.) Two baseball hats with logos from Dajuan's former employer (another faux pas)
3.) Thread bear, paint stained pair of Dajuan's shorts (overflow from his bin I am assuming)
4.) Pair of shorts 2 sizes too big
5.) Pair of capris 1 size too big
6.) Cell phone cord for phone that I donated to ewaste Maine.

I've hit the highs and lows of downsizing today - don't you agree?

No comments:

Post a Comment