Sunday, September 26, 2010

We Deliver


After all of the hassles that the Master depicted in his year long downsizing journey, I must say I was hesitant to jump into the Craig's List world. But, with valuable goods left over after the big yard sale we simply had no choice but to turn to the online flea market to hawk our goods. It turns out that luck was on our side as Craig's List virgins. Dajuan listed both our glass top accent tables and our Yakima bike rack. After over a month, he sealed the deal on both listings in the same day. Together the cash sales totaled $123 (one buyer had only $73 on hand and Dajuan refused the $2 in change). Not bad for a day's work!

Here's the catch (and why I think the transactions were completed) - Dajuan delivered the tables and the rack to the buyers, both of whom lived in the Bath/Brunswick area. Yup - we are Craig's List sellers who deliver. Now before you call us crazy for taking a Sunday afternoon to drive 30 minutes north to deliver used goods to strangers let me clarify. Dajuan spoke at a "Bouncing Out Bullying" event in Bath today and on his way home delivered the goods to the buyers as promised in various email exchanges. This all came together after several attempts at meeting up with buyer Bruce here in Portland. The shocking thing for me was that the folks were actually home with cash in hand. I'm still waiting on my last Craig's List item to sell - a Little Tykes junior slide for only $15. Let's hope I don't have to drive to Caribou to make it happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment