Tuesday, September 28, 2010

What good is pepper with no salt?


Some things in life just seem to go together - peas and carrots, peanut butter and jelly, ebony and ivory, salt and pepper. Perhaps the sheer beauty of salt and pepper as a pair drove me to keep an unusable, empty salt shaker sitting next to the pepper shaker on my kitchen stove. It is more likely that keeping the shaker is yet another example of my tendency to keep things beyond their prime. To the best of my recollection, the salt shaker met its' demise sometime in late August. Apparently the plastic stopper melted from the heat of the stove top leaving me with nothing to plug the bottom of the shaker. Despite it's uselessness, I have kept the shaker all the while. Ah, the beauty of the challenge - exposing all of my hoarding habits.

Today as I walked in the door from work I spied the faulty shaker, chuckled and tossed it into the recycling bin. Then for good luck with my downsizing challenge I tossed a dash of salt over my shoulder and called it a day.

1 comment:

  1. Love it! Amazing what we keep around when it's totally unusable. Nice downsize Amy.

    ReplyDelete