Saturday, September 18, 2010

Running for Office Part II : The Copycat




While reading the newspaper today I came up to speed on the latest political goings on. It seems there is a copycat in the ranks of top female republicans. Apparently, Delaware republican Christine O'Donnell has ridden the coat tails of a lipstick wearing pitbull into the race for Senate. Wow, I wonder if she also speaks Palinese?

In other copycat news, faithful follower Bethany C. jumped on my downsizing bandwagon by purging her entire kitchen today after discovering that she couldn't cram one more coffee cup into her cupboard. She also found entirely too many wine openers in a drawer and took photo evidence that she then shared with me on Facebook. If you recall, I had a similar find a few Fridays ago as documented here. As you know, beginning to copy downsizing behaviors is what led me to this crazy personal challenge. Beware readers! The next victim may be you!

Sticking with the copying theme, today my refurbished mitsubishi copier went out the door. As mentioned in the original Running for Office blog, I was only able to donate part of my used office equipment to Ruths's Reusable Resources. The copier and fax machine were too old for resale according to Ruth. And so today we completed our office downsizing by donating the outdated machinery to Goodwill. I say "we" because I had to put my downsizing staffers to work to get it done. Dajuan and Kendra traveled to the brand new South Portland Goodwill only to have the copier rejected. Fearing the wrath he would face if he returned home with the copier, he made a second stop at the Forest Ave. Goodwill and dropped it off so fast they didn't have time to reject it. Kendra, all the while was taking mental notes of Dajuan's poor donation station etiquette. Let's hope she doesn't ever mimic the drop and run - lord knows she is copying everything else these days!

No comments:

Post a Comment