Thursday, August 26, 2010

Cooking Mama!


26 days into this challenge and I am on a roll. On a day when I had no downsize planned, errands and appointments galore, and little energy to spare after enduring the installment of braces on my teeth, I stumbled to the back room to continue the quest for order in the guest room closet. Functioning on autopilot I began to disassemble a mishmash of cookbooks, manuals, and various other miscellaneous pieces of paper that were shoved in a plastic blue crate. Everything was sorted into 3 piles:
1. Yard Sale items - we are only 36 hours away!
2. Recyclable items
3. Resort and Reorganize

Why was it so easy to take this pile that had been accumulating for 5 years and break it down in less than 5 minutes?
1. I have reconsidered my need to hold onto old cookbooks (and other things that hold sentimental value) and am now ready to sell them.
2. Getting rid of excess paper just feels good. Taking on less paper would feel even better!
3.With our newly reorganized basement we have ample shelf room to add the cookbooks to the Eubanks Family Stacks. In other words, downsizing efforts beget future downsizing and reorganizing efforts.

That's the end of my downsizing journey for today. Sometimes mundanity just feels good.

No comments:

Post a Comment