Sunday, August 15, 2010

See Spike Run, See Spike do Yoga, See Spike Run and Do Yoga



My friend Christy and her husband Rob are expecting their first child before the end of the year. As she documents her various pregnancy milestones and adventures on Facebook she refers to her baby as Spike. One of her most recent status posts proclaimed that she ran the Beach to Beacon in 1 hour and 19 minutes - mind you, she ran with Spike on board! She is quite a woman because from my experience, running at 1 month pregnant was too much - never mind at 7 months pregnant. To encourage some cross training, I decided to give her a Pregnancy Yoga DVD that I used when I was pregnant with Kendra. Apparently it took me 2 years to find the perfect recipient!

As we walked into church today we met up with Christy and Rob right away. In all of her pregnancy glow, Christy declared "I've been wanting one of these!" as I handed over the DVD. Her comment was music to this downsizer's ears, and I'm pretty sure Spike was thrilled too!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks Amy! I feel privileged to have made the blog. Can't wait to try the Yoga...running is getting to be a bit much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Running is a bit much for me all the time, and I'm never pregnant. You are both impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy crap! 7 months preggers and running. Props to Christy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tried out the yoga, Spike seemed to like it. I posted pictures on my blog: http://robnchristy.blogspot.com/
    Thanks again Amy!

    ReplyDelete