Sunday, August 1, 2010

I confess



Thank the Lord the first day of my downsizing challenge is a Sunday. This gives me the ultimate opportunity to confess one of my dirty little secrets. I'm addicted to bargains! And so, as I take on this task of downsizing 1 item each day for 1 year, I am tackling a demon head on. You see, when the folks at Homegoods, Marshalls, TJ's, and Marden's see me coming they smile and wave knowing that I am a sucker for their deals. I find sheer delight in looking at the stickers that say "compare at" or "original price" and find it hard to resist these rock bottom prices - even if I don't need the item. I have countless items in my possession strictly based on the price I paid as it relates to the original price.
Today, I declare THE BUCK STOPS HERE. Which leads me to my first downsize, a children's book named One More River to Cross - Noah's Ark in Song. I vaguely recall picking up this gem at Homegoods for 65% off the cover price over 1 year ago. It has remained in the guest room closet ever since - what a steal. So today as I packed up for church I threw it into the diaper bag along with my camera to capture our first official downsizing moment. Kendra proudly presented our literary gem to her friends in the church nursery and then took off to check out the other babies. I bowed my head and asked Him to forgive me for worshiping false idols - namely The Almighty Bargain.

2 comments:

  1. And we're off!

    Not only an appropriate downsize (I know we'll be reading about a lot of books here), but a great first post!

    I can't wait for the next 364...

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited to read about your downsizing this year. Reed is so happy that his legacy will live on! Go Amy!

    ReplyDelete