Monday, August 16, 2010

When Stuff Meets Opportunity



It is becoming increasingly apparent to me that if I just open my mind to the thought of downsizing, opportunities and needs of others arise. It seems that each day the stars align and I am presented with a perfect time, place, or person for my downsize. Or perhaps I am giving too much credit to astrology. Maybe I just have such an abundance of stuff that it would be impossible not to find something to get rid of each day. It certainly is more romantic to think about the first theory.

In any case, my quick check on Facebook last night brought me today's items. According to a recent post, the Master (a.k.a. cousin Reed) and his beautiful bride (as he so aptly referred to her throughout his blog) have a newly toothed baby who is on the verge of crawling. Jo (as I am more accustomed to calling her) has occasionally reached out to me for parenting advice. Despite having 3 girls, I often feel ill-prepared to hand out any nuggets of truth. If there is one thing I have learned about parenting it is this - just when I start to think I have it figured out I find out I am wrong, wrong, wrong. So, when Jo threw out the question about child proofing hints I chose not to respond. Instead, I got up this morning and boxed up the leftover outlet covers, unused cabinet locks, and two door handle thing-er-ma-bobs (that are even adult proof) and addressed them to their Brilliant Boy (as he has been nicknamed by his dear old dad).

I'll be honest, I have done progressively less child proofing with each child. Obviously Kendra is in far more danger than our well protected Shayla. Since Kendra is 2 now, I figure the odds are that we are finished child proofing. As luck would have it, she has taken some personal responsibility for her safety. In the picture above she is sporting a bike helmet while doing dishes. So friends, the extra gadgets are heading west to Denver. Let's hope they stump that Brilliant little Boy!

2 comments:

  1. Wahoo!!! I am so excited. Just the other day the Brillant Boy reached out from the excersaucer you gave us for the outlets. Couldn't come soon enough! Thanks Amy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, payback for that poster we left you, huh? Good enough! Happy to receive all downsizing gifts from the NEW master!

    ReplyDelete