Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Lynchpin


I am going back to the well today by hitting "the MK corner" (featured here and here) for yet another downsize. This time I cleaned out a shoe box sized rubbermaid tub of various lapel pins, cards, and samples. Most of it hit the trash or recycling but the pins I packaged up and sent to Deb, a sales director in Milwaukee who mentored me when I was a new sales director in the business. She was a wonderful role model and offered her expertise and meeting space to me when I was building a foundation for my own business. Her calm demeanor and kind spirit were a real anchor for me. In the flurry of leaving Milwaukee to move to Maine and subsequently stepping down from being a MK sales director, I am not sure that I ever thanked Deb for all that she did for me. I hope that she finds my offering of MK pins acceptable as a form of thanks - of course I sent along a note as well!

As I packed up the padded envelope of goodies, I found Deb's address in an old rolodex. I thumbed through the remainder of the address cards and determined that in this age of technology, a rolodex is unnecessary. To top off my downsizing for the day, I shredded the cards and tossed the plastic rolodex as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment