Sunday, August 8, 2010

What to purge?


Tonight I was faced with purging on the fly once again as we completed our whirlwind anniversary weekend. At one point today, I bargained with myself and decided that I would pull together some sort of downsize once we arrived home. As we headed down 95 and 7pm turned to 8pm I reconsidered this plan. My gumption might wane by our 9:30pm arrival in Portland. Recalling the Master's entry detailing a complete purge of his wallet (sorry, I can't seem to pinpoint the exact blog) I was inspired to dig into my purse to see if the contents were downsizing material. Were they ever! As I weeded out coupons, used dental picks, 3 travel sized tubes of toothpaste, and other items too numerous to list, my entire family chided me for the amount of junk I tote around on a daily basis. They settled down as I started handing out gifts from my overflowing satchel. To Dajuan - a retractable name tag lanyard that he is convinced will have some important use on his fishing vest and one of the 3 tubes of tooth paste. To Shayla - her favorite shade of lip nectar. To Kiera - a gold tone lip gloss. And to Kendra - an expired Kohl's coupon that she is convinced is a credit card. The remainder of the culled items landed in the trash and recycling bins when we arrived at home.
Another day to check off as complete - and I'm feeling full of confidence as I head into tomorrow with a house full of stuff to get rid of and technology at my fingertips to blog until my heart's content.

1 comment:

  1. Ah, the wallet purge. I actually used that one a few times... always a good stand-by.

    ReplyDelete