Tuesday, August 3, 2010

The Stacks

You know, adult friendships aren't always easy. With all of the pressures of jobs, family, and _______(you can fill in the blanks), there is often little time or energy left for nourishing friendships. That is why it is great to have friends like Susan. No matter how much time passes, there are no hard feelings or excuses. Just gratitude for the time we get to spend together - how refreshing! And so tonight, after months apart, Susan and I reconnected over wine, cheese, fruit and bread. With my hubby traveling for work, my big kids at Nana and Poppa's house, and Little Dee snoozing upstairs, my dear old friend and I dove into each others hearts and souls. We laughed and ate and nearly cried. Ahhhh, nothing like some good old fashioned girl time. Of course part of coming up to speed included sharing my story of the Downsizing Challenge. Susan logged on and became a follower (I'm up to 4 now) on the spot.

To end the evening as we said our goodbyes, I gave Susan 9 selections from the Eubanks' Family Stacks. Several of these books were duplicate titles from our childrens' books section. I am thrilled to hand them over to Susan so she can share them with her wee ones! I also passed on 2 Sidney Sheldon novels and a national best seller that was a selection from a book group that I dropped out of before the first meeting.

With a promise of another get together in the the next few weeks, Susan and I parted ways. She with her hands full of new books and me with my heart full of appreciation for the wonderful friends I have in my life.

Day 3 is done and I feel richer for it.

1 comment:

  1. Sharing books is such a gift. Glad you had some girl time. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete