Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Getting the Bounce




My favorite season is here - basketball has officially begun. The Celtics enjoyed a solid victory over the highly hyped Miami Heat and we were even able to tune in on TNT.com online. Life is good! Well things got even better today. Shayla, Kiera and I have been invited by friends of ours to join them in the TD Bank skybox for the December 3rd Celtics game versus the Chicago Bulls. Our friends entered a contest at their local bank and were chosen out of entrants from over 20 branches in the region. Talk about a stroke of luck! Today after school, the girls went along for a presentation ceremony at the bank. They walked away with balloons, C's t-shirts, and bags full of shamrock laden goodies. When I picked them up after work, I received the coveted envelope containing our 3 ticket and a parking pass.

As I unloaded the kids, bags, and backpacks from our day at work and school, I worried a bit about where to put the tickets. With over 1 month until game day there is plenty of opportunity to misplace them. I spotted the mail and key holder hanging on the wall and quivered at the thought of shoving our precious tickets in among the pockets bursting with various papers and coupons. This prompted me to purge the junk collector to make a designated space for the golden tickets. As a result I trashed a decent sized pile of outdated coupons, scraps of paper, and multiple "rewards cards" from various retailers. Need I point out that this wooden 3 pocket organizer is yet another gadget that only encourages the collection of more junk? But, I digress. The bottom line is that the junk got bounced and the tickets sit neatly in a pocket waiting to be used by this family of super fans! Go C's!

1 comment:

  1. Repeat after me: "I will not accidentally downsize the Celtics tickets, I will not accidentally downsize the Celtics tickets, I will not downsize the Celtics tickets..."

    ReplyDelete