Saturday, October 16, 2010

Goulish Gift




Yesterdays reorganization of Kendra's clothes produced a pile of fall and winter items for us to pass on to 'Telle (as Kendra fondly calls Estelle - mentioned in this earlier blog). I packaged up the clothes today and then realized that I couldn't bear the thought of 'Telle's big brother J being left out. I considered sending along a book from our extensive collection but then landed on a Halloween themed Lace and Trace set that either Shayla and/or Kiera used when they were younger. In addition I packed up several sheets of Halloween stickers that I located in the shoebox full of stickers hidden in the back of Shayla's desk drawer. If J is anything like my girls he'll be thrilled to receive something in the mail - I hope so!

Today's downsize reminds me a of a few things:
1. We have so much stuff in our possession that I don't have to look far to find the perfect gift for almost anyone
2. This challenge motivates me to give random gifts that I might not otherwise take the time to find and deliver
3. Slowly but surely we are making headway in this battle against accumulation!

1 comment:

  1. We loved the care package! J used the stickers to decorate an early-carved pumpkin brought specially from Maine and had a lot of fun with the lace up game. Thanks so much for being such a great cousin! xoxo from all 4 of us.

    ReplyDelete