Sunday, October 17, 2010

TOYS

There are a few things I'd like to blog about today. I'd love to have made a downsize connected to the once in a lifetime opportunity that we fell into last night. But alas, I came up empty when it came to downsizes related to meeting Mr. Bill Cosby in his dressing room. I'd also be happy to blog about all of the people I know who walked and/or ran this weekend in events across the country to show their support for the fight against Breast Cancer. I might even be able to share a bit about my friend who was recently diagnosed with breast cancer and the battle that she has ahead of her. Once again, I have come up empty. No pink ribbons or long locks to donate tonight.

Instead, I have plodded along the road of this challenge once again. In a mundane effort I took a bag of toys to the church nursery today. End of story. The only drama involved in this event was the look on my face when I discovered that once again Shayla has refused to part with her childhood possessions. She literally removed a few toys that I had packed and ready to be donated and placed them back in circulation in our toy room. Her theme song should be "I don't want to grow up, I'm a Toys 'r Us Kid..."

For a moment, I thought about throwing in the towel on this challenge. But then (with some nudging from my husband) I sat down to pound away on the keyboard. Perhaps boring, mundane downsizes are the most important part of this journey. Only time will tell...

3 comments:

  1. Don't give up....I enjoy reading each downsize every night...you can do it!!! Amber

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't give up Amy. You're doing a great job, and I love reading everyday too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This part of the challenge is call The Dip. The honeymoon early days are over and there's a stretch here where you've just got to plow ahead. Keep going, Cuz, you'll end up back on an upward swing soon.

    Plus, you've already got more Dear Readers than I ever had -- your public needs your inspiring words!

    ReplyDelete