Thursday, October 14, 2010

Meds Gone Bad



I'm fairly lenient with expiration dates on things in my medicine cupboard. I figure that no one ever died (that I know of at least) from a Tylenol that is a year old. But, as I reached for my daily vitamin today I noticed that the "men's health formula" bottle sat, barely used, and expired by 18 months I decided there were old products lurking in my medicine chest that must go. A quick survey revealed the old vitamins (what a waste of money!), an expired travel pack of Advil, and a saline mist that was outdated in July, 2003. Yuck! Not only is the salt water over 7 years past it's prime, the nasal spout is sure to be breeding some funky organisms at this point. I trashed all three items for my downsize today. While I'm content with my up-to-date pharmaceuticals, I can't help but think about how much healthier Dajuan could have been had he taken his daily vitamins before they expired. Or did he prove what many have claimed all along...vitamins are a sham! I'll leave you to ponder that this evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment