Saturday, October 23, 2010

No Small Feet

We have no small feet in our house. Even Kendra has long feet for a toddler. And so when Amity handed off a brand new pair of Land's End winter boots that were too small for Ava, I wasn't surprised to find that they were too snug for my Kendra Dee. After trying to hand them back to Amity (she refused) the boots sat in my closet for 3 months or so. Today as we dashed out the door to a post soccer game party I grabbed the boots knowing that the restaurant was near the Land's End counter housed in Sears at the mall.

After a raucous dinner with some of our favorite families, I convinced my clan to wander through the mall with me. I immediately sauntered up to the Land's End counter and was shocked to find that they would credit my card with $23.10 for returning the boots. This is amazing considering they were purchased over 1 year ago and bought at a deep discount according to Amity. My assumption was at the very best I would receive a merchandise credit - so glad I was wrong!

Because the boots sat in my closet for a few months, I feel justified in claiming them as a downsize. But, the cash is not mine to keep. I'll be delivering the Benjamin's to Amity with delight on Tuesday.

As we drove home from the mall, I asked Dajuan if we ended up buying anything. Nope was his reply. Leaving the mall richer than we started...now that is no small feat!

No comments:

Post a Comment